Thursday, November 12, 2009

Yuengling Fans Meet A Pottsville Hero




Hello Yuengling Fans,




In just two days, there will be a book signing of Heaven Below at the Yuengling Brewery gift shop in Pottsville. Sean O'Connell is a Pottsville coal miner whose only desire in life is to see the water. This notion is planted in his head by his Irish grandfather who dreamed of returning to the sea but never got the chance. Because of the Great Depression, family tragedy and a twisting turn of events that includes, murder, money, love and the fight of his life, Sean's journey to the Atlantic takes him seven years. The book is full of characters everyone can identify with: Molly, Sean's true love, wife and mother of his child, owner of a pair of alluring brown eyes. Hannah, his little girl with Molly's fair face but her father's green eyes. And Abby, the silver haired, spectacled matriarch who is the glue that holds the family together. Her most charming scene is when she dresses a "fat little birdie" for the oven and sings and hums to "I've Got Rhythm" on her radio in a warm kitchen on Sunday afternoon. Her most famous line is, "Now those are tits you can be proud of!"




If you are from Pottsville, this is a book you'll want to read and share and read again. You will laugh and cry with Sean on his journey to the sea. I hope I will meet you at the book signing. I want to meet the people of Pottsville as I feel I already know you. If you can't make it on Saturday, you can get a copy of Heaven Below on Amazon.com. Look for my article in Thursday's (today's) edition of the Republican-Herald. I hope to see you all there!




My best,


Joan Lehmann, MD

No comments:

Post a Comment